Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

envirobots: state competition is coming up!

Hey everybody!
You probably know that I am part of a Lego robotics team. FOr the people who don't know what FLL is, I will explain right now.
FLL, or First Lego League, is a team competition where teams program a LEGO robot to do theme related tasks as well as completing a theme related research project. This year's theme is biomedical engineering, so the tasks include getting a syringe, fixing and putting a cast on a bone, and putting a pacemaker in a heart. My team, the Envirobots, did our research project on allergies. IN the research project, teams have to come up with a unique solution to a real life problem. Our team created a solution for allergies. It involved nanotechnology, and we really impressed the judges at the regional competition ( we won first place for research)
OUr robot, Envyro, is very temperamental. We programmed him to work perfectly, then at competitions, he started acting up. Unfortunately, I wasn't at the regional competition, even though I was there at qualifiers, since I was at Disneyland with my school. I heard from my parents that the robot froze completely!
Luckily even though I was not there at the regional our team managed to qualify for the state level. Wish us luck! (cross your fingers that envyro will work!)

IMG_1599.jpg

our first place trophy for research:D

No comments:

Post a Comment