Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

summer track meets


Summer track meets are both fun and not fun at the same time. I get really, really nervous before these meets, and then after the race, I feel great, even if I don't do too well.
The main problem I have is that these meets completely infect my summer fun schedule. Every Thursday I pace around the house, with ten insane hummingbirds flitting about in my stomach. I wait on tenterhooks for my carpool to arrive, and at the meet, I warm up as much as I can. ( to my dad, i seemingly never warm up enough )
I run the mile and 800. My coach says I shouldnt run both of them at the same meet, but my parents force me to :(. However, I am reasonably good at both of them, my records being 2 ;17 and 5 :03 in the 800 and mile respectively. I have another meet coming up tomorrow....I can feel those pesky hummingbirds hatching already.
Au revoir,
Rohan

No comments:

Post a Comment